Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ainsley - 3 and 3/4ths...

When I look back at Ainsley's 3 year post, I can't believe how much she has grow into a little lady. We are so blessed to have a sweet little girl!

- Ainsley is SO much fun! She is a little person, so observant, and is always surprising us with her sweet take on life. She can be opinionated, but for the most part, is an easy little girl.
- Ainsley started preschool this year, going 2 days a week with her cousin, and bestie, Mya. She loves her teachers and all the things she is learning. She sings the little songs from her school (Open, Shut Them Prayer; The Days of the Week) and prays each night "because her teacher told her to". She also goes to co-op with me once a week and I volunteer in her classroom. I love to get to see her with the other 3 year olds. She is a very good listener, and spends lots of times doing each of the activities.
- She also took a ballet class over the summer, and loved every minute. I cried the first time I saw her dance. She took a tumbling class this fall with her cousin and she loved that as well. 

- She has completely mastered writing her name, and frequently "writes" us all kinds of letters. She also loves to draw pictures on paper or on the whiteboard and color. 
- Ainsley's favorite toys lately are her dress ups and her play kitchen. She loves put on shows for us all dressed up, dancing around and singing.  The more accessories the better! She will also serve you tea or pizza if you head on over to her kitchen.

- Her favorite princess is Ariel, but she likes them all. She just watched her first princess movie, Cinderella. 
- She also likes to pretend to be a baby. She wants us to hold her, sit her in the baby doll highchair, and treat her like a baby.
- She loves to sing and ride her bicycle as well. 
- Over the summer, Ainsley became quite the swimmer at the pool. She loved her puddle jumpers for the first half of the summer, and then discovered she knew how to jump under the water. She will go under the water for 3-4 seconds and push herself through the water. I can't wait to see how much she'll improve this summer!

- Ainsley got her hair cut for the first time over the summer. I was so upset that I cut it too short, and now I look back and love it.

- Following her own footsteps with potty training herself, she gave up her pacifiers on her own this summer. She woke up one day and told me she was done, so we gave them away to Chad and Jen's baby. She never looked back, even though I was very nervous!
- She loves to play with Evan. They are such buddies and I am so thankful for their wonderful relationship. I hope this continues as they both get older. She also loves her cousin Mya, It is so fun to see the two girls together.
 
Ainsley is definitely a little girl now, and we are all having so much fun with her!

No comments: