Saturday, October 16, 2010
Wow - in one week Evan turned 5 and Ainsley is now 18 months. Time is flying! A few things about my sweet 18 month old:
- The stats - weight: 22lb 10oz (25%), height: 31.5" (50%)
- She is quite the talker! I haven't tried counting, but it has to be at least 200 words. She'll try saying anything! Some of my favorite words she says are: by-kick-lul (bicycle), hold-you, love u, hap-bir-day, and up-sight-dow (upside down). She also knows how to say yes and no, and she knows how to use them!
- Some of her favorite things to do are to look at books, coloring with crayons, and playing with her baby dolls (feeding them, putting them to bed, strolling them around) I have recently started taking her to story time, which she loves. Ainsley also loves singing songs - especially the Elmo cd in the car. And, although I wish she didn't love it so much, Ainsley loves Elmo's world on tv.
-Ainsley loves to be upside down and it almost always does the trick to make her happy.
- She has the most expressive faces, loves to squeal, and is very girly!
- She is warming up to daddy, but is still a momma's girl! She also has crazy stranger anxiety, which she will hopefully grow out of soon.
Ainsley is turning into our sweet little toddler!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
A few days ago, Evan turned 5. I can't believe it. Wasn't he just a tiny baby? Where did my little guy go? Seriously though, I love my little BOY so much! He is so much fun. I feel thankful that I get to spend my days with him.
I don't know where to start about him.. I guess first the stats. He went to the doctor and he weighed 40lbs (35%) and was 42-1/4" (25%) tall. It was actually super fun at the appointment because the doctor asked him all the questions, instead of us, so we got to see him "show off" all he knows. He is doing great :)
Evan is so much more of a boy now then ever before. He likes silly knock-knock jokes, nerf guns, being crazy with his friends, wrestling, jumping, carnival games, and anything with water. It's fun to see him by so boy-ish (and a little adjustment for me too :)). He is also so much more grown up. You can have a real conversation with him or ask him to help with Ainsley or the grocery, and he does!
He is doing really well with preschool. He really likes going and I even get more details this year about his days. So far, they have been really focusing on penmanship, beginning reading, and math skills. He really enjoys math and numbers. We are always adding numbers (up to 20, in the 100s, 1000s) and counting, counting by tens and any other patterns.
Evan does get frustrated when he can't do something right away (like learning to ride his new scooter), so we are working on that! We have turned him into a thrifty little boy - wondering how much everything costs and telling us that things we buy are too expensive :)
He still loves Scooby Doo, silly bandz, and playing the wii. Over the summer, he went from being afraid to even ride the little coaster at KI or go on the the little slide to riding almost all the rides and swimming like a fish. He has definitely found his confidence.
On the night of Evan's birthday, after he was in bed, Doug and I just looked at each other and agreed - how did we get so lucky? Evan is such a sweet, caring, fun little boy. We both feel so blessed!