Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pretty Perfect Christmas Evening

Evan and Ainsley - I don't want to forget tonight. The snow was coming down all day, and the outside of our house looked magical. Doug got off work early, and we were all snug at home. We had pancakes for dinner, which turned into lots of fun as we made crazy shapes and added chocolate chips. We decorated the tree. Everyone helped, we listened to music and talked about what the ornaments meant to us. We snuggled up to watch the Polar Express with popcorn. Our little family, all cozy on the couch. I loved watching both of your faces watch the movie. Ainsley, covering your eyes at the loud and scary parts, and snuggling in my arms the whole time. Watching Evan entranced with the story. I am so blessed. Thank you God for my amazing family and making memories that I hope I remember forever.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

erica, i absolutely love this post. i could feel the love in it. i know exactly what you are talking about. those days when everything just almost seems magical as if it can't be real because it is just that good. i love those days. i treasure them. they are what make all those crazy days more than worth it. i am so glad you had a perfect christmas evening that you can remember for years to come. you have such an awesome family and we are thankful to call you friends. : )