Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Guy Time

Mom had plans tonight, so it was just Evan and I. We went to the library to pick up a prize for reading books over the summer - a butterfly net. We were going to go home but I asked Evan if he wanted to go home or somewhere else, and he said "somewhere else". So, I decided to take him to Tucker's Whippy Dip for some ice cream.

I ordered him a kid's cone with sprinkles and got myself a cone. They handed us Evan's cone and it had 2 candy eyes and a candy nose on it. Evan got a HUGE grin on his face when he saw it! I don't think he's ever had a cone with a face on it. We sat down at a picnic bench under an umbrella because it was drizzling and had some great father/son time eating our ice cream cones and making a mess.

When mom came home later and asked how our night went, Evan told her about the library, but he was most excited to tell her about the ice cream. He got another huge grin on his face when he told her about the eyes and nose on his ice cream.

It was a fairly simple evening, but the little things like excitement over the ice cream face remind me why I love getting to spend time with my son.

1 comment:

Nope. said...

It's nice to be able to appreciate such small things and to have someone to appreciate the fact that you appreciate those things.