Monday, May 11, 2009

1 Month Old

I can't believe my little girl is 1 month old. (I still can't believe that I have a little girl!) Here are some things I've discovered about Ainsley this first month:

- She is awake and happy almost every morning for a good 2-3 hours. Its a great time to feed her of course, but to talk with her and really connect. Luckily, we don't have a lot of places to be in the morning, so I've just been enjoying the time with Evan and Ainsley.
- She smiled for the first time over the weekend :) I love her little smile.
- She also like to coo and "talk" and is a very alert and happy baby throughout the day
- She loves to look at her black and white pictures
- Ainsley figured out her nights and days really quickly. I think it's thanks to Evan making sure the days are full of noise and activity :)
- She loves to be swaddled. She quickly broke out of her blanket and now loves the SwaddleMe just like her brother. She's also in the bassinet next to our bed.
- She is almost grown out of her newborn clothes - Ainsley is growing like crazy. She is a great eater! We haven't gone to the doctor yet, but we're guessing she's 9-1/2 to 10 pounds.
- She likes her baths, but doesn't like getting out
- Her little cousin Mya was born 15 days after Ainsley. They don't look that close in age (Mya was only 5 lb 6oz at birth), but we are so excited that she's always going to have a friend so close in age.
- Ainsley loves her pacifier (bub), especially at night. I thought I might try no bub, but there is no way. She loves her bub!!
- She is definitely a second baby - she has already visited the zoo, preschool, Kings Island, gone shopping, and had several (short) babysitters. I hadn't left the house with Evan at this point.
- I have started dressing her up. I think I appreciate the girl clothes even more after having a boy. Doug just laughs - but he's already head-over heals in love.
- Evan loves his little sister very much. He hasn't been jealous at all. He loves to give lots of hugs and kisses and get right in her face. She doesn't mind at all. Every morning, he comes in and helps me wake her up by unwrapping her swaddle blanket. He's the best big brother!!

Some day soon I will get around to updating the format of the blog.. it's now definitely now Life with E & A!!






Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

LOVE all her dresses! She is so pretty! I can't believe a month has passed already. I know you are having so much fun with all the dressing up, yea for girls!!!
Oh, and I can't believe you were considering not doing a bub. You are lucky that she loves it! : ) Nothing wrong with a bub!

Tami said...

You are making me reconsider wanting a girl. I speak boy, but maybe, I can learn little girl too!