Here are 7 things about Ainsley as she turns 7 months old today:
1. She has mastered sitting (which I love)!!! However, she's not content with just sitting anymore. She likes to lean over and get herself into the crawling position (and sit back up again.) She is up on all fours for awhile and then gets mad and plops down. She's also figured out how to scoot backwards, even though it's not the direction she wants to be going in! I was hoping that she wouldn't be interested in crawling - but we'll see what this month brings!
2. Ainsley is not so sure about "real" food. So far we've tried: oatmeal, rice cereal, green beans, sweet peas, carrots, sweet potatos, apples, bananas, and pears.. and her favorite food is... breastmilk! She will eat a bite of almost anything, and then clench her mouth shut. I know she'll figure it out one day, and it's been interesting to try. One thing that she does like is drinking water from a sippy cup - and we discovered she could use a straw to drink as well.
3. She has been doing a lot of dress up lately - for her first Halloween and some super girly 6 month pictures.
4. Ainsley figured out how to play peek-a-boo with us and it's so cute!
5. She is a very good nature and easy baby - poor thing is always on the go, never getting naps in her crib, and she hardly ever makes a peep! She loves to be outside, be in just her diaper, and to watch her brother.
7. Ainsley was dedicated at church last month. We had our whole family there to celebrate. She is truly a blessing from God. I look at her (ad Evan) every day and wonder how did I get so blessed?