Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Sweet Boy

So, I have found that parenting so far has gone in phases - all the phases (so far) have been fun - but some are more challenging than others. :) Everyone says that 4 is fun (after those "tough threes") - well, I have definitely found that to be true so far. It also seems true that when it gets tough with one (Ainsley has decided not to sleep at night), the other "steps up" for me.
Self portrait

Anyway, Evan has been in an awesome "phase" lately. I am just enjoying him so much and feel so blessed to be his mom. He just seems so grown up! I can ask him to get ready for school and he'll go potty, wash his hands, brush his teeth and put his clothes on all by himself. I just look at him and think, when did you become so big? He thinks about everything, and every night at bedtime, he's asking Doug or I a ton of questions about his day. He loves school and has re-learned to write his name. (We taught his to write in all caps, now he can write it correctly.) He loves his art table. He is getting really good at amusing himself. He is obsessed with the Wii (Super Mario Brothers) and that is all he wants to do with me while A is napping. He makes the funniest faces and has the best reactions. He still loves to pretend to be Scooby Doo.

I love him and I am so super thankful for my grown-up little man.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I absolutely loved 4 -Kate was so much fun. 5 has been pretty good so far also. Evan is so adorable in these pictures!