Thursday, April 15, 2010
Ainsley is 12 months old!!
Our little girl is one! Wow - that went fast! I have to admit, I had a little cry on her birthday morning, but we had such a wonderful day. So, here are some things about Ainsley at 12 months...
1. At Ainsley's 12 month appointment she was 20lb 6oz (40%) and 29-1/2 inches tall (60%)
2. Two days before her first birthday, Ainsley took her first steps. She is still very shaky, but practicing all the time. She even squeals when we ask her to walk.
3. Ainsley's really starting to communicate with us. She says Mama, Dada, uh-oh, ball, baby, go and pat-pat. She'll also sign more, eat, and milk. She also seems to be much more expressive, good and bad. If she gets frustrated, she'll let us know!
4. She loves to be outside! Just say outside, and she'll go right to the door. She likes to swing and slide, and to crawl around in the grass.
5. Ainsley also loves her bath, and will crawl up the steps and straight to the bathroom if you ask her to take a bath.
6. She loves Itsy, Bitsy Spider and throwing kisses!
7. She now has 4 teeth - two top and two bottom.
8. Ainsley loves baby dolls. If she sees a baby across the room, she gets so excited and loves to hug and pat them.
9. Her eating is getting better. She only eats finger foods and some of her favorites are - cheese, mac & cheese, grilled cheese (see a theme?), turkey, bread, bagels, grapes, peas, and hummus. She also loves whole milk, although she is still nursing a few times a day.
10. Ainsley celebrated her second Easter - we had a wonderful day with family, and got some great pictures outside.
11. I have a little monkey! Ainsley is into everything - and is a climber. She can easily get up steps, Evan's step stool, and her new favorite is getting into the bathroom and the pantry. I have to keep an eye on her all the time.
12. I know that I have said it a bunch - but Ainsley is such a blessing! She's so sweet, and calm, and just a joy! Doug and I both love her more than we could imagine!